A Little Bit About Our History

High Point Friends School is a coeducational, independent school located in High Point, North Carolina. Founded in 1963 as a preschool and half-day Kindergarten by members of High Point Friends Meeting, today it serves students in preschool through middle school on a multi-building campus. The school is operated under the auspices of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers), which has been known for its long-standing commitment to education, diversity and spiritual development.

The Lower School building, named the Honbarrier Educational Center in honor of Archie and Louise Honbarrier, was dedicated on Sunday, September 18, 2003. The campus is currently being expanded to include a gymnasium and theatre, new dining hall, new library, 8 additional classrooms and a new computer lab. The expansion will accommodate the growing middle school for the foreseeable future.

The Georgian architecture of the campus was designed to blend with the existing High Point Friends Meeting house constructed in 1955.

Schedule a visit today by contacting the school office at (336) 886-5516 or by emailing jwaite@hpfs.org.

Comments are closed.